The Press Release:
To celebrate the 80th anniversary of Marvel Comics, Barbie is unveiling three new dolls paying tribute to legendary X-Men characters Storm, Mystique and Dark Phoenix, information included below on each of the dolls. Fans can preorder the dolls exclusively at GameStop.com starting July 18, 2019 for $54.99 and they will be available on shelves starting in October.
• Born Ororo Munroe, Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth. As a member of the X-Men team, she confounds enemies with her ability to manipulate weather and the atmosphere.
• Storm Barbie® doll is as electrifying as the character she emulates. This collectible Barbie® doll captures Storm’s iconic look in a shiny-black bodysuit, cape and thigh-high boots, all with metallic-gold trim. Gauntlets, a headdress and her signature gemstone brooch finish the fierce look.
• This Super Villain is a mutant born with the ability to shapeshift. She deceives her enemies by mimicking the appearance and voice of any person.
• Mystique Barbie® doll is as beguiling as the character she emulates. This collectible Barbie® doll captures the Super Villain’s iconic look in a white dress with a double slit and belt of skulls. Details include white gloves, boots, and the signature skull detail adorning her forehead.
• Also known as Jean Grey-Summers, Dark Phoenix is an Omega-level mutant with telepathic and telekinetic powers. This beloved character, who has faced numerous deaths and rebirths, wrestles with her personal demons.
• Dark Phoenix Barbie® doll is as fierce as the character she emulates. This collectible Barbie® doll captures Dark Phoenix’s iconic look in a red bodysuit with shimmering gold details, including the gold phoenix graphic, thigh-high boots, gloves and a sash.
*** end of transmission ***
Piercing Ken Thoughts: We always love when two distinct licenses cross paths and while the X-Men is hailed high among the superhero geeks of the world, there is probably no property that is bigger than Mattel’s Barbie. I love the look of these dolls and hope that in addition to the eventual Rogue, Psylocke or Shadowcat that we see a Professor X Ken or even a Wolverine Ken. He’s surely due for some levels of awesome after giving a version of him a man bun but I digress since we share the name. It’s a reveal like this one that makes me wish I had kids of my own but since a lot of you readers do have the demographic that is just perfect as a consumer of these – I wonder what you think. Chime in down below in the comments when you have a moment.