The Press Release:
One hundred sixty-six features have been submitted for consideration in the Documentary Feature category for the 91st Academy Awards®. The submitted features, listed in alphabetical order, are:
“Above and Beyond: NASA’S Journey to Tomorrow”
“Andy Irons: Kissed by God”
“Antonio Lopez 1970: Sex Fashion & Disco”
“Avicii: True Stories”
“Bali: Beats of Paradise”
“Bathtubs over Broadway”
“Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché”
“Bill Coors: The Will to Live”
“The Bleeding Edge”
“Boom for Real: The Late Teenage Years of Jean-Michel Basquiat”
“Breaking Point: The War for Democracy in Ukraine”
Continue reading 166 Documentary Features Submitted For 2018 Oscar® Race
The Press Copy:
The 26th Annual Canstruction New York is now open! Please visit the 2018 exhibit at Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey Street in lower Manhattan between November 2nd and 15th 2018, daily (including weekends), 10 a.m. – 8 p.m, except November 15th when the exhibit closes at 6 p.m. for the dismantling of the structures. The exhibit is free to the public; however, we ask all visitors to bring a can of high-quality food to donate to City Harvest. A donation bin is available on the second level (Lobby Level on elevators). Download a map of the 2018 Canstruction New York structure locations to be sure to see all 30 structures (via THIS LINK). Directions to Brookfield Place or View a map.
Vote for your favorite structure!
2018 Canstruction New York People’s Choice Award Voting is now open Voting is open until the exhibit comes down on November 15th. Choose your favorite via THIS LINK.
*** end of press copy ***
Piercing Ken Thoughts: I’ve been going to this display for the past couple of years and I greatly enjoy it based on all the creativity that is showcased by the talented sculptors. You’re going to want to make sure that your mobile device is at maximum charge or your camera is. I tend to bring both of them with me for good measure and to have better offerings for the readers of the website when they see my post about it. I also cannot stress enough on how important it is to bring a few canned goods with you. Why settle for only one can when you are able to enjoy some thirty pieces of art for free. Go to your local market and grab a handful of their branded corn, peas, beans, spinach and maybe even some gravy. Remember that all of this donated stuff along with the products used in the sculpts will be going off to City Harvest charity and immediately be put to use in soup kitchens around this metropolis. That’s all I have to say about the matter so please make it happen and please watch our Facebook and Instagram accounts since I will be posting some stuff over there when I pay my visit in the coming days. See you next time.
Official Website: https://www.sdanyc.org/canstruction/
The Press Release:
Twenty-five features have been submitted for consideration in the Animated Feature Film category for the 91st Academy Awards®. The submitted features, listed in alphabetical order, are:
“Ana y Bruno”
“Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch”
“Have a Nice Day”
“Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation”
“Isle of Dogs”
“The Laws of the Universe – Part I”
“Liz and the Blue Bird”
“Lu over the Wall”
“Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms”
“The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl”
“On Happiness Road”
“Ralph Breaks the Internet”
“Ruben Brandt, Collector”
“Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero”
“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
“Teen Titans Go! To the Movies”
“Tito and the Birds”
Continue reading 25 Animated Features Submitted For 2018 Oscar Race
Last night, all the folks that you hear about on TMZ over and over again, assembled in the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles to watch their favorite musical talents perform and get some recognition for the work they did during the previous year. I’m talking about the American Music Awards and this post will showcase all of the nominated artists and albums along with the winners. I figured this might be something the readers of “The Chronicles” would like to see based on all of the other awards shows that I have done a rundown for over the last couple of years. Let’s take a look shall we?
ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
WINNER: Taylor Swift
FAVORITE NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
WINNER: Camila Cabello
FAVORITE COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR:
WINNER: “Havanna,” Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug
“Finesse,” Bruno Mars & Cardi B
“Rockstar,” Post Malone ft. 21 Savage
“Meant to Be,” Beba Rhexha and Florida Georgia Line
“The Middle,” Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST, POP/ROCK:
WINNER: Taylor Swift
Continue reading Here’s The Winners Of The 2018 American Music Awards
As I’ve been going to the NY Comic Con for nine years now, I’m often asked by friends who are braving the teeming masses for the first time about some suggestions and necessary items to bring along to make their day a whole lot easier. Instead of repeating myself ad nauseum, I decided to throw some thoughts down on the web in this little post. It’s my hope that these tips add to your enjoyment of this sensory overloading event. Here is a quick laundry list of things I’d recommend that you have along with you.
The In General Stuff:
1. Decent Sized Bag: Bring a knapsack or schoolbag or a sizable messenger bag. You never know what you might purchase or be given depending on your discussions along the way. A schoolbag might be a little clunkier but I tend to prefer to have more room than less myself.
2. Empty Clear Sandwich Bags: Lots of the big booths do giveaways of buttons or stickets and assorted thingies. I’ve secured them for ease of finding once its all over by tossing them all into one of the clear baggies.
3. Sustenance Part 1: It doesn’t hurt to bring along a couple of energy bars or perhaps a peanut butter sandwich if you can eat peanuts. The Javits Center gets expensive and you might prefer your money go to vendors instead of concessions. I also have taken small baggies of honey nut cheerios, unsalted Saltines or peanuts along with me. Just to give a quick energy boost. Sure a candy bar might be fine but we don’t always need the empty sugar in our systems.
4. Sustenance Part 2: A single bottle of water will suffice because you can fill it up at assorted points during the convention. Maybe just bring one of the empty water bottles that you might use in the gym or on excursions during your normal day.
5. Hand Cleanser: Purell or something similar. It never hurts to be clean. Sometimes I’ve seen friends carrying a small packet of wipes. Those work too.
6. Aspirin: Just in case you get headaches easily or that the convention becomes too much for you.
7. Body Spray: Sometimes the heat of a place like Javits can find people feeling a little ripe. I mean no insult to say if this is you on a regular basis that you should bring along a spray of some kind to use just in case.
8. Technology Part 1: A fully charged mobile device. It doesn’t hurt to update it before you head into the convention either in terms of the apps you use all day. This same logic applies to your tablet or if you are bringing along a laptop.
9. Technology Part 2: The cords to charge said mobile device at one of the numerous spaces around the convention you can use should the juice run low. I also bring along an external battery which is wonderful since it let’s me also charge up my camera on the fly.
10. Camera: You don’t have to bring a big ole rig out with you but sometimes a small point and shoot will do the trick during the convention should you want to get more images and not have everything on your mobile device. Be sure to have this charged and with a clean SD card. Double check that you have the SD card in the device since the closest Best Buy is not too close at all in comparison.
11. Money. Need I say more? Most vendors accept credit cards so if you are points crazy like me just use that.
12. Umbrella: Hey if you have a schoolbag with you this is a non-issue and I always tend to carry one nowadays.
13. Comfortable shoes: Last convention it was tallied that I walked a sum total of 20 miles across the four days. It actually might have been slightly higher but I cannot locate my reference to this at the time of this posting. So with that said you are going to want to be good to your feet.
14. Reading Material: A comic book, a magazine or a novel will all suffice. You might want to take a break from the madness and sit down somewhere.
Continue reading Guidelines For A Seamless NY Comic Con 2018