Greetings my friends and a “Happy New Year” to you all. Welcome to 2019 and our now annual well wish for the months to come. This year I’m doing my post a little differently and have decided to use my Instagram shot from our Official Profile there instead of doing double the work on a different photo for the website posting. Also, I am using this across the board on both of my websites for some consistency and ask that if you are not yet following the Gram for PiercingMetal or PiercingKen that you click the photo and open our page to do so. I’d love to have you along with me for the many adventures that each of these websites will be embarking on and to have you look back on the stuff that has already happened and you might have somehow missed.
Well here we are my friends, “Happy New Year” and “Welcome To 2018”. It’s my hope that you are on the way to recovery from a rousing good time last night with friends or at least finding yourself rested if you had a chill night. I waited until just past noon to get this online so my own hangover would be less impacting, oh who am I kidding. I chilled out on the couch and watched bits and pieces of “The Honeymooners” and “The Twilight Zone” marathons that were airing before I finally fell asleep. With the bright shiny New Year here, I’ve done my annual photo with my model Miss Spooke and offered up a bunch of principles that will hopefully guide you in being a better person during the course of the year. Check them out below.
1. Keep up with Family. Some are farther away than we’d like but the phones, Skype and the old traditional mail work fine on staying in touch. There are also those things we call visits. Goods stuff.
2. Keep up with Friends. I mean that you should do this in the real sense and not just liking a status on Facebook. That is not keeping up at all. Okay sometimes its hard to do but give it a shot. Another thing you should do with regards to friends is be wary of the Energy Vampires or those ones who manage to find fault in everything. Spend less time with those sorts because they will only be happy if you are miserable as well.
3. Love your Pets. Sadly, our little furry friends are not with us as long as we hope them to be so while you have them in your personal world spoil them. They deserve nothing but absolute love from you. If you are considering using this year to become a pet owner, consider rescuing one that needs you more than others. Continue reading Happy New Year 2018 Readers!!!→
On behalf of my beautiful black cat Miss Spooke and myself, I’d like to wish you all a very Happy New Year 2017. Let’s hope that its a good one for all of us 🙂 As is my common practice, I’ve lined out a couple of guidelines that are good aspects of a positive year. Try a few of them if you can.
1. Life life in the real world and not just via Facebook or one of the other Social Networks. Sure its fun to share things on the networks but don’t focus on it as the most important thing in your day. I’ve watched it damage too much to be a fan these days and outside of feeding my other social tools to the profile and official pages, I have little use for it. It’s always a good idea to go over your social networks and do a little housekeeping.
2. Keep up with your family. Parents, Uncles and Aunts, Grandparents, Cousins etc.
3. Love your pets. They only stay with us for so long so make those moments count. Sometimes they let you include them in silly photos like I’ve done with my Spooke a few times. She doesn’t seem to mind.
4. Take on some adventures. You don’t have to go far away but can do some closer to home stuff. Get away when its possible. It lets you recharge. Museums and parks are great for this or just scenic walks.
5. Take Photographs: It’s so easy to do this nowadays since we all carry phones with cameras today. Where you post them is up to you. I do that via my personal Instagram and this website. Sometimes I share that stuff was done on Facebook but its only a sneak peak.
6. Be there for your friends but not at the expense of yourself. Let’s face it – some of the people we meet and keep up with just tax the spirit. Energy and time vampires or negative and complaining about every single thing are not healthy. Less of those types in your world is a good thing so clean that list up a little bit. It’s a better thing in the end.
7. Read: Read something whether its a full on novel or just a magazine or comic book. Let your mind wander.
8. Listen: Be sure to listen to the music you love and investigate new stuff. Go see some shows because there are always a lot of them happening out there. Support the bands that are striving to entertain you and if you have someone in your circle who is constantly in the loop listen to what they are suggesting. Yeah I am the recommending guy in most of my circles so…. 🙂
That should suffice. I don’t want to get too “preachy” or soap-boxing on you but just wanted to offer some tips. I’ve a lot planned for this website in both the serious reporting and the lighthearted observations so get ready for that. A lot of the daily routine is shared on my Twitter and the visuals of the moment on the Instagram which can each be found on the main page. Thanks in advance for reading and following all of this stuff. See you soon.
Well here we are in 2016 and Spooke the Cat and I would like to wish you and your families/friends and your socially networked connections a Very Happy New 2016. Make the most of it and perhaps change some of the things that you felt didn’t quite add up in your world during 2015. I’ve made some possible guidelines for you below the photo of my best girl. The New Years tiara was impossible to keep on her head so we get what we get in that image.
1. Live life in the real and not in the Facebook. I am sorry but wow did last year have some drama all around thanks to this pain in the a$$ world of Facebook. I’m not going to expand on it but holy mackerel was I shocked when I learned firsthand just how important people feel that network is in their own life space. Don’t comment on everything you see or add your two cents without being fully aware of what is being discussed. Be wary of who you add and who you delete (I will speak more on this one later as its important). Be cautious about what you post and share about your real life if you are not 100% sure of who sees it. Tread carefully with this network my friends, I still shake my head at some of the outcomes I have experienced and seen it cause all around. I’ll probably be using it mostly for site broadcast at this point.
2. Go through your emails and old texts and catch up with folks you might have lost contact with for some reason. Speaking personally, I love receiving a text or email from someone that I am missing. I’d say make a phone call but nobody seems to want to do that anymore. Remember that catching up or giving a crap requires more effort than clicking “like” on someone’s Facebook status or posting a “thumbs up” icon. Continue reading Happy New Year 2016 My Friends→
Happy New Year 2015 my dear readers, welcome to a brand new year and I hope that it will be an awesome one for you. Have you made any resolutions? If so is it possible for you to keep them? I’ll remain hopeful that you can especially if its something simple. I actually didn’t do any this year but my plan is to keep at being as excellent as possible to those who matter the most to me and make my world all the more awesome.
2014 was an interesting year for me with some highs as well as lows and this is to be expected in life. If you had too many lows in your 2014 I’m going to cross my fingers that 2015 treats you a little better. We got your back over here at the Piercing Ken Creative Enclave that’s for sure 🙂 Continue reading Happy New Year 2015 Everyone 🙂→