Hey there my friends, I realize that I’m pretty late to the table with this event announcement but since there are still tickets available and we’ve got some lead time here we go……
The Press Release:
LEGO® LIVE will debut a unique blend of imagination, creativity and play for the first time in the United States with a major family event February 16-18, 2018 in New York City. This new official LEGO event will transform Pier 36 in Manhattan into a brick-built family adventure filled with playful activities, performances and more for both kids and kids at heart. Tickets are now on sale at legolive.frontgatetickets.com.
A must-attend event for any LEGO fan, LEGO LIVE NYC will include a range of interactive themed play zones, each offering a distinct experience – from classic building challenges to using coding and robotic technology to program a multifunctional model. Fans will also be able to meet LEGO Master Builders at the Master Lab Help Desk, where builders can get one-on-one advice and show off their creations. Show guests can explore the latest LEGO building sets, compete in exciting building challenges, and take photos with LEGO models based on beloved characters from iconic films and LEGO properties such as Star Wars™ and NINJAGO®. Among the many experiences, families will find:
* LEGO® Life: Maximize your show experience via the LEGO Life app, a safe, social network for kids who love to build. The app will offer details on show activities and insider tips, and the LEGO Life team will host exclusive opportunities to build, capture and share unique LEGO creations made at the show with the broader community of LEGO fans in the app.
* Meet the Masters on the Main Stage: Meet a LEGO Master Builder and learn building tips and tricks in live demonstrations, competitions and Q&A sessions.
* LEGO Architecture: Build together to create the iconic skyscrapers that make up the Manhattan skyline in this community building area.
* LEGO Minecraft™: Journey with Steve to build your way through the iconic and ever-popular Minecraft universe with the thousands of specialty LEGO pieces found in this creative building
* Coding Corner: Build, code and play with the new LEGO BOOST and heritage LEGO MINDSTORMS® toolkits to test your skill in creating your own LEGO robot.
* LEGO Shop: Browse a huge selection of LEGO sets for builders of all ages, or select from an assortment of “show only” souvenirs.
“New York City is home to many of the world’s most dedicated, creative and passionate LEGO fans, so we are thrilled to debut this one-of-a-kind experience with families in the tri-state area,” said Michael McNally, senior director, brand relations at LEGO Systems, Inc. “We can’t wait to see how that inherent creativity comes to life as we engage New Yorkers and visitors alike in memorable hands-on, minds-on LEGO play experiences for the entire family.”
Tickets are now available and can be purchased at legolive.frontgatetickets.com. $30 General Admission, $45 VIG (Very Important Guest) and $75 VIK (Very Important Kid) ticketing options are available. Be sure to follow @LEGO on Facebook and Instagram and @Lego_Group on Twitter to stay up-to-date with the latest information on LEGO LIVE. Follow along and join the conversation using #LEGOLIVENYC.
*** end of transmission ***
Piercing Ken Thoughts: We think this is awesome and we’ve been a big fan of Lego for many, many years. We last saw the folks from Lego at the Play Fair and they had a giant Lego brick pit for the kids to jump in. When I saw this during the PF Press Night I debated doing the same for the sake of some fun Instagramming but I held back. Oh well, there is always next year. This does sound cool so I hope we’ve alerted enough of you about it so you can plan on attending. Sadly, we will not be able to participate because we have a heavy schedule at the American International Toy Fair that is taking place during the same time. You’ll have to attend and let us know how it is and of course for our notes on Toy Fair just keep an eye on our Official Instagram. See you next time.
Official Website: https://liveevent.lego.com/