I'm a Freelance Music Photojournalist from NYC and Founder of the Heavy Metal website PiercingMetal.com; I created this blog site to showcase the other things in life that keep my interest or catch my attention. Believe me that is a lot of stuff to talk about when it comes down to it. I hope you enjoy what we are delivering because there is so much to share as a resident of this bustling metropolis.
Last night, all the folks that you hear about on TMZ over and over again, assembled in the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles to watch their favorite musical talents perform and get some recognition for the work they did during the previous year. I’m talking about the American Music Awards and this post will showcase all of the nominated artists and albums along with the winners. I figured this might be something the readers of “The Chronicles” would like to see based on all of the other awards shows that I have done a rundown for over the last couple of years. Let’s take a look shall we?
ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
Ed Sheeran WINNER: Taylor Swift
FAVORITE NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR: WINNER: Camila Cabello
FAVORITE COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR: WINNER: “Havanna,” Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug
“Finesse,” Bruno Mars & Cardi B
“Rockstar,” Post Malone ft. 21 Savage
“Meant to Be,” Beba Rhexha and Florida Georgia Line
“The Middle,” Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey
As I’ve been going to the NY Comic Con for nine years now, I’m often asked by friends who are braving the teeming masses for the first time about some suggestions and necessary items to bring along to make their day a whole lot easier. Instead of repeating myself ad nauseum, I decided to throw some thoughts down on the web in this little post. It’s my hope that these tips add to your enjoyment of this sensory overloading event. Here is a quick laundry list of things I’d recommend that you have along with you.
The In General Stuff:
1. Decent Sized Bag: Bring a knapsack or schoolbag or a sizable messenger bag. You never know what you might purchase or be given depending on your discussions along the way. A schoolbag might be a little clunkier but I tend to prefer to have more room than less myself.
2. Empty Clear Sandwich Bags: Lots of the big booths do giveaways of buttons or stickets and assorted thingies. I’ve secured them for ease of finding once its all over by tossing them all into one of the clear baggies.
3. Sustenance Part 1: It doesn’t hurt to bring along a couple of energy bars or perhaps a peanut butter sandwich if you can eat peanuts. The Javits Center gets expensive and you might prefer your money go to vendors instead of concessions. I also have taken small baggies of honey nut cheerios, unsalted Saltines or peanuts along with me. Just to give a quick energy boost. Sure a candy bar might be fine but we don’t always need the empty sugar in our systems.
4. Sustenance Part 2: A single bottle of water will suffice because you can fill it up at assorted points during the convention. Maybe just bring one of the empty water bottles that you might use in the gym or on excursions during your normal day.
5. Hand Cleanser: Purell or something similar. It never hurts to be clean. Sometimes I’ve seen friends carrying a small packet of wipes. Those work too.
6. Aspirin: Just in case you get headaches easily or that the convention becomes too much for you.
7. Body Spray: Sometimes the heat of a place like Javits can find people feeling a little ripe. I mean no insult to say if this is you on a regular basis that you should bring along a spray of some kind to use just in case.
8. Technology Part 1: A fully charged mobile device. It doesn’t hurt to update it before you head into the convention either.
9. Technology Part 2: The cords to charge said mobile device at one of the numerous spaces around the convention you can use should the juice run low. I also bring along an external battery which is wonderful since it let’s me also charge up my camera on the fly.
10. Camera: You don’t have to bring a big ole rig out with you but sometimes a small point and shoot will do the trick during the convention should you want to get more images and not have everything on your mobile device. Be sure to have this charged and with a clean SD card. Double check that you have the SD card in the device since the closest Best Buy is not too close at all in comparison.
11. Money. Need I say more? Most vendors accept credit cards so if you are points crazy like me just use that.
12. Umbrella: Hey if you have a schoolbag with you this is a non-issue and I always tend to carry one nowadays.
13. Comfortable shoes: Last convention it was tallied that I walked a sum total of 20 miles across the four days. It actually might have been slightly higher but I cannot locate my reference to this at the time of this posting. So with that said you are going to want to be good to your feet.
14. Reading Material: A comic book, a magazine or a novel will all suffice. You might want to take a break from the madness and sit down somewhere. Continue reading Guidelines For A Seamless NY Comic Con 2018→
Hey there friends, so I’ve been sharing some coolness about the Warner Animation Group film “Smallfoot” for the last couple of months in terms of the Official Final Trailer and numerous Character Posters and if you’ve missed those just click that italicized text to check them out. Especially since this film opens today in theaters everywhere. Below you will find the theatrical poster, premise and its all-star voice casting. Enjoy.
Last night, the NBC network aired the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards and this show was dishing out the statue for the most honored television shows and the people that helped make them happen. The hosts for the broadcast were Michael Che and Colin Jost. Let’s take a look at the winners across all categories to see if something you watched won the prize.
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series:
Louie Anderson,” Baskets”
Alec Baldwin, “Saturday Night Live”
Tituss Burgess, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
Brian Tyree Henry, “Atlanta”
Tony Shalhoub, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
Kenan Thompson, “Saturday Night Live” Henry Winkler, “Barry” *WINNER
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series:
Zazie Beetz, “Atlanta” Alex Borstein, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” *WINNER
Aidy Bryant, “Saturday Night Live”
Betty Gilpin, “GLOW”
Leslie Jones, “Saturday Night Live”
Kate McKinnon, “Saturday Night Live”
Laurie Metcalf, “Roseanne”
Megan Mullally, “Will & Grace” Continue reading 2018 Emmy Awards Full Winners List→
As readers of “The Chronicles” Lifestyle and Entertainment Blog know, I’ve been adding a LOT of film and television content to the site over the last few months and while I tend to do that on PiercingMetal.com as well, the focus there is with the superhero and monster or science fiction related releases. That said, there are times when I must repeat myself on “The Chronicles” and with that being said let’s copy and paste our narrative about this brand new trailer.
“I’ve been waiting with baited breath since this past Sunday when I learned that we would get the first official trailer for the upcoming Walt Disney Studios/Marvel Studios motion picture “Captain Marvel”. Just a short time ago, the trailer was revealed on the “Good Morning America” program on ABC and now I am sharing it with you all. Let’s take a look. I’ve also loaded in some casting and premise for good measure”.
The Premise: Set in the mid-1990s, Captain Marvel follows Carol Danvers, a former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, as she turns into one of the galaxy’s mightiest heroes and joins Starforce, an elite Kree military team, before returning home with new questions about her past and identity when the Earth is caught in the center of an intergalactic conflict between two alien worlds. (thanks Wiki). Continue reading Marvel Studios “Captain Marvel” Official Trailer (Coming 2019)→